Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, May 2, 2013
- Mobile expense management strategies reveal wasteful BYOD spending
BYOD shops could spend far more than necessary. Strategies for managing mobile expenses, such as corporate mobile plans and split billing, can help.
- NVIDIA GPUs for VDI deliver on the need for speed
NVIDIA GPU platforms have opened up VDI to all types of applications, and further advancements may be on the horizon.
- Cloud broker or cloud provider: Who says you can't be both?
Cloud brokers can offer their own cloud services as long as they don't compete with their cloud provider partners.
- Arista upgrades 7500 for massive leaf-and-spine network architecture
With its new, high-density 10/40/100 GbE 7500E switch, Arista Networks enables customers to build massive leaf-and-spine networks.
- Networking blogs: Owning data center monitoring, push for OpenStack
In this blog roundup, see why IT needs a better approach to monitoring data centers, and how vendors differentiate by using a common infrastructure.
- Enterprise Data World reveals nine principles of analytics rock stars
At Enterprise Data World 2013, consultant Bernard Wehbe detailed what sets indispensable analytics professionals apart from the rest of the crowd.
- Do you use your personal device at work? Join our tweet jam June 12
Do you use personal devices at work? What about your staff? Discuss the BYOD revolution during SearchCIO-Midmarket's tweet jam June 12.
- Website vulnerabilities down, but progress still needed, survey finds
A survey released by WhiteHat Security finds that website vulnerabilities have decreased steadily in recent years, though problems persist.
- What is gamification? Discuss this emerging trend on Twitter May 8
We're hosting a tweet jam May 8 to discuss business gamification trends. Contribute to or watch the conversation unfold under the #CIOChat hashtag.
- SDN blog roundup: SDN market growth; overlay vs. switch-based models
In this week's SDN blog roundup, bloggers discuss SDN market growth, enterprise adoption and overlay vs. switch-based models.
- Good laptop backup software can save the day
When employees recently found themselves in a faraway land without working laptops, backup software restored the important data the laptops contained.
- Analytical database tech at core of Actian-ParAccel deal, Pivotal plan
The EMC-VMware launch of Pivotal and Actian's ParAccel buy share a theme: Both feature analytical databases and play to the big data trend.