Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, May 6, 2013
- SDN vs. network virtualization: Q&A with VMware's Martin Casado
VMware's Martin Casado discusses the definition of SDN as it relates to network virtualization, and what to expect at this year's Interop conference.
- TechSelect Day 2: Tech Data talks up mobility, cloud, data center
Tech Data's president of the Americas, Murray Wright, sketched out how the company is evolving, with attention on mobility and cloud enablement.
- Security vendors team up to detect targeted attacks on networks
Security vendors team up to detect malicious attacks that target networks.
- Archiware, Tandberg unveil products; IDC: Big data fuels storage need
Recently, IDC announced that big data was driving storage growth, while Tandberg Data and Archiware had new releases for backup customers.
- EMC World 2013: EMC ViPR has vendor on software-defined storage route
EMC ViPR, the vendor's software-defined storage technology, is designed to manage heterogeneous storage as one pool while adding cloud features.
- Upcoding agenda not the result of EHR adoption
Health IT experts tell CMS that use of electronic health records does not result in upcoding or intentional fraud.
- After lull, PLA 'Comment Crew' hasn't changed cyber-espionage tactics
The Chinese government's alleged cyber-espionage arm remains active after a quiet period, using the same tactics revealed in Mandiant's APT1 report.
- News briefs: HP updates FlexFabric line; Citrix refines partner program
In these briefs, HP updates its FlexFabric portfolio, Citrix revamps its partner programs and Brocade debuts its vision for on-demand data centers.
- McAfee in agreement to acquire next-gen firewall maker Stonesoft
McAfee has announced an agreement to acquire next-gen firewall maker Stonesoft for $389 million.
- Health care provider's VDI deployment improves patient care
Sunrise Health Region's complex 3,000-seat VDI deployment allows patients and providers to access records securely, regardless of where they are.
- Motorola exhibits new Wi-Fi for 802.11ac access point series
Motorola has announced a new 802.11ac access point series and real-time content caching.
- Dell shuffles cloud computing cards again with Enstratius buy
Has Dell gotten its cloud house in order with its latest cloud management platform buy or further muddied the waters? It all depends on integration.