Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Is the 'killer application' doomed? Tweet jammers talk social tools
Is the newest 'killer application' doomed to fast extinction? In this recap, SearchCIO tweet jam followers talk about the time suck of social tools.
- ShoreTel Mobility app and BYOD dock: Not your ordinary desk phone
ShoreTel's new docking station and Mobility client can transform smartphones and tablets into desk phones.
- SDN data center case study: Using OpenFlow for converged storage
Edgenet built an OpenFlow SDN data center network with a multipath fabric that will allow it to roll storage networking into the SDN programmability.
- Quality control plan: Zero in on error messages
Keynotes at STAREAST 2013 discuss planning for quality control and getting a handle on error messages.
- EMC aims to define software-defined storage with ViPR
EMC World 2013 features just one major product announcement as EMC pushes its software-defined storage message around ViPR.
- EMC channel partners to get new partner program as EMC Velocity is phased out
The multiple EMC Velocity partner programs are being phased out in favor of a new program, EMC Business Partner, with a single brand.
- Strategic finance expands CFO's role beyond leader of 'bean counters'
Speakers at the CFO Forum said transactional and strategic finance duties are diverging, and the CFO's role is shifting to that of a business partner.
- Five areas in which healthcare big data, NLP will affect patients
Emerging technologies in healthcare, big data and natural language processing, are set to affect the quality of patient care in the near term.
- Dell vWorkspace 8 adds user monitoring, Windows Server 2012 support
Former Quest customers no longer have to wonder what's up with vWorkspace. Dell released version 8 with exciting new features and support.
- Array expands line of application delivery controllers
Array Networks expanded its line of ADCs as it targets larger companies and service providers.