Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
- Westcon Group develops service for BYOD management, security
IT distributor teams with Fiberlink and BlueCat to offer a subscription-based service for VARs to handle BYOD security and management.
- NEC SDN applications and open northbound API: Will OpenDaylight bite?
NEC unveiled SDN applications built on an open northbound API to optimize and secure the cloud. Will OpenDaylight use the interface as a standard?
- Securing collaboration efforts requires understanding the human factor
Employees sharing TMI on social collaboration tools is alarming IT leaders. In this recap, tweet jammers discuss efforts to secure collaboration.
- Avaya Connect partners get new products, new Avaya One Source portal
Avaya has introduced its One Source partner portal that's aimed at consolidating processes and speeding feedback to partners.
- Will big data spawn the next big CEO management revolution?
SearchCIO asks MIT's IT productivity scholar Erik Brynjolfsson just what he means when he says big data will be the next big management revolution.
- EMC World 2013: Google storage coming to your data center
EMC says its ViPR software-defined storage platform is the first step to creating Google storage in your data center.
- Preparing IT for the coming revolution in advanced manufacturing
The next stage in manufacturing's renaissance looks to be mainly computer-based. But it won't happen without widespread retraining in IT skills.
- CRM, ERP head up mobile applications offered by SaaS providers
More providers of SaaS are serving up customer relationship management, enterprise resource planning and other enterprise-specific mobile apps.