Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, May 9, 2013
- OpenFlow scalability: Q&A with Nick McKeown
Nick McKeown, OpenFlow and SDN icon, talks about OpenFlow scalability and the state of OpenFlow switching.
- New McAfee IPS offers 40 Gbps throughput
The new NS series of McAfee IPS appliances offers 40 Gbps. McAfee has also acquired NGFW vendor Stonesoft.
- Synchronous mirroring with DataCore boosts telecom's DR strategy
Great Plains Communications discovered DataCore SANsymphony-V storage and received the synch mirroring needed to beef up its DR strategy.
- Microsoft offers 'fix' for latest Internet Explorer zero day
Microsoft released a temporary fix to mitigate attacks using the most recent Internet Explorer 8 zero day vulnerability.
- Harvard Business Publishing shares cloud migration lessons learned
Despite a recent, costly server upgrade, Harvard Business School Publishing opted for a cloud migration project -- and is seeing its benefits.
- Windows 8 updates, mini Surface tablets on the horizon
A Windows 8 update is expected in the coming months, along with mini Surface tablets. But will enterprises take notice?
- Contrail: The Juniper SDN controller for virtual overlay network
Juniper's SDN product line, JunosV Contrail, debuts with an XMPP-based controller for a virtual overlay network with BGP-based scale.
- Department of Labor website hack highlights advanced attack trends
The IE8 zero-day attack planted in the U.S. Labor Department's website highlights how few organizations can ward off never-before-seen attacks.
- Facebook to release data center switch spec for Open Compute Project
Facebook announced at Interop that its Open Compute Project will expand its scope to include open designs for top-of-rack data center switches.
- Temporary fix out for Department of Labor website IE8 zero-day
Microsoft is still working on a permanent fix for the IE8 zero-day found in the Dept. of Labor website attack. Also: Adobe preps ColdFusion patch.
- Networking blogs: VMware home lab tips; reading BI, analytics market
This week, networking bloggers give tips for building a VMware home lab and discuss what Teradata's disappointing Q1 might indicate for the BI market.
- Five SDN problems aired by analyst Jim Metzler
Software-defined networking is exciting, but analyst Jim Metzler says there are five SDN problems that must be addressed before users can invest.
- Enterprise BlackBerry 10 upgrade strategies include iOS, Android
BlackBerry enterprise customers watch the company's progress as they consider their plans for upgrading to BlackBerry 10.
- VMware may take lead on mobile application management standards
VMware CTO Scott Davis said the company might take the lead in creating mobile application management standards to make apps more interoperable.