Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, May 10, 2013
- Let's try to stop talking about women in technology
This Searchlight wonders when women in technology will cease to be noteworthy. Plus: making the ROI case for big data, email bounces back and more.
- Forgot your password? FIDO Alliance works on authentication alternatives
Password-based authentication is becoming more taxing for users, especially on mobile devices. The FIDO Alliance is developing alternatives.
- Avnet formalizes services offerings under Avnet Services unit
After acquiring dozens of services businesses in the past few years, Avnet is bringing them all under the umbrella of a Services unit.
- Gamification in business: Four ways to get your incentive plan right
Are you using gamification in business? In SearchCIO-Midmarket's recent tweet jam, we ran down reasons that a gamification incentive plan might fail.
- STP Con Spring 2013 featured team leadership and communication
Soft skills, including influence, leadership and communication, were among the important topics on the agenda at STP Con Spring 2013 in San Diego.
- SDN blog roundup: Facebook switch, OpenDaylight controller in action
This week in SDN blogs we learn about the new Facebook switch, EMC's software-defined storage and how to install the OpenDaylight controller.
- What's the point of your BYOD program?
Thinking about a BYOD program? Make sure you know what the business value is, and that you're not just doing it to placate gadget-happy end users.
- The organization of the future: Not just hybrid IT, but hybrid people
The adoption of hybrid IT approaches creates a need for executives who can both formulate business objectives and assess IT requirements and options.