Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- Self-service portals give IT control in the cloud
Cloud computing purists say true clouds require portals for self-service, but those who've actually deployed portals are in the minority.
- Privileged user management a must for DBAs
Trust, but verify. Ronald Reagan made it popular, and it's certainly relevant for DBAs in today's consolidated, virtualized IT world.
- BES 10 upgrades hinge on mobile management capabilities
During the company's user conference, IT pros hoped to hear more about how BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 features will help them manage mobility.
- May 2013 Patch Tuesday fixes IE8 zero day; Adobe tightens ColdFusion
The software giant's May 2013 Patch Tuesday update permanently fixes the IE8 zero-day flaw found in the Dept. of Labor website attack.
- NetApp promises bring-your-own-device security without using the cloud
NetApp Connect, based on technology the storage vendor acquired from ionGrid, brings BYOD security to data stored on NetApp arrays.
- As IT pervades the enterprise, here comes the chief procurement officer
The rise of the chief procurement officer raises questions about the role of IT.
- ACCE conference honors the best workers in the call center industry
The ACCE conference celebrated its 10th anniversary with the ICMI awards dinner. Find out which companies were recognized for excellence in service.
- Brocade partners gain additional IT financing option
Brocade has rolled out its new Brocade Subscription Plus option, which enables monthly payment for a multivendor solution under a single contract.
- Wi-Fi Alliance certification program offers more enterprise solutions
The Wi-Fi Alliance certification program continue to expand as more devices, applications and users rely on Wi-Fi for connectivity.
- DDoS attack trends highlight increasing sophistication, larger size
Though the Spamhaus DDoS attack showed the potential devastation of increasing bandwidth, DDoS attack trends show DDoS type to be just as important.
- Amazon's Jeff Barr digs into AWS pricing, uptime on user group tour
At the first stop on his cross-country speaking tour, Amazon's Jeff Barr answered questions on AWS pricing, performance and availability.