Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Overheard on Twitter: SDN standards; SDN vs. network virtualization
SearchSDN explored Twitter and saw users discussing vendor opportunities surrounding SDN, as well as SDN standards and SDN vs. network virtualization.
- Sourcefire updates malware detection, malware analysis capabilities
New features for detecting and analyzing malware in Sourcefire's FireAMP and FirePOWER products supplement flagging signature-based antimalware.
- Western Digital Corp., Synology announce new SMB products, services
Western Digital Corp., Precision IT, Synology and Google announce products aimed at the small- and medium-sized business market.
- Quantum vmPRO adds LTFS tape support, DXi V-Series gains capacity
Quantum upgrades its vmPRO virtual machine backup appliance, supporting 24 TB of pre-deduped data and LTFS tape in a virtual appliance.
- Citrix Summit 2013 Q&A with Tom Flink on mobility, account segmentation, deal registration
At Citrix Summit 2013, channel head Tom Flink talks about the company's plans around mobility, changes to the partner program and high-touch accounts.
- Cloud migration obstacles remain for heavily regulated industries
Financial, government and healthcare industries must overcome data security breaches and regulatory issues for a successful cloud migration.
- VMware charges into public cloud IaaS fray as Dell exits
Dell will discontinue its OpenStack and VMware vCloud-based public cloud offerings as VMware delivers its vCloud IaaS.