Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- With HANA mobile apps, SAP is erasing business models -- including its own
At Sapphire Now 2013, in-memory analytics and mobile app demos showed how companies can turn big data into profitable service lines.
- MSPAlliance cloud insurance offers liability coverage for providers
The MSPAlliance introduces new cloud insurance program, offering extended liability coverage for providers and peace of mind for customers.
- As IT pervades the enterprise, here comes the chief procurement officer
The rise of the chief procurement officer raises questions about the role of IT.
- Citrix Summit 2013: Citrix tells partners how to compete in mobility market
One Citrix Summit 2013 presentation focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and mobile app management (MAM) and competitors' strengths, weaknesses.
- Permabit Technology extends primary data deduplication software
Permabit tries to make its primary deduplication software more palatable to OEMs by adding compression and replication plug-ins.
- WAN optimizer form factor differences don't dictate superiority
The WAN optimization Magic Quadrant reveals different WAN optimizer form factors are helping to better match evolving enterprise requirements.
- SDN blog roundup: Cisco on SDN as Bigfoot, plus OpenFlow and Wireshark
In this week's SDN blog roundup, bloggers discuss Cisco's SDN Bigfoot analogy, OpenFlow and Wireshark, and whether SDN is an industry con.
- Citrix kills its Application Streaming feature, directs users to App-V
Citrix has officially ceased development and support for its Application Streaming feature, and has directed IT pros to use Microsoft App-V instead.
- Sequestration stymies federal government cloud ambitions
The federal government is under mandates to consolidate data centers and deliver IT as a Service, but sequestration makes this easier said than done.