Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, May 24, 2013
- VDI thin clients reduce hardware management headaches
The initial hope for VDI thin clients was to reduce costs, but admins now just want convenience. Vendors at Citrix Synergy delivered new options.
- News briefs: VMware public cloud debuts; AWS nets FedRAMP approval
In this week's news briefs, the VMware public cloud officially launches, Dell drops its IaaS offering and AWS gains accreditation from FedRAMP.
- IT strategies are no way to do business
Fresh off the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium, Searchlight looks at IT strategies, having a blast while building a data center, doing safe search and more.
- Citrix XenMobile combines MDM, MAM, file-sharing for mobile management
Citrix users say the company's unified enterprise mobility management product, XenMobile, may make it easier to deliver business applications to on-the-go users.
- Data center modernization starts with cloud, SDN and virtualization
Some of the technologies driving data center modernization include cloud computing, flash storage, virtualization and software-defined networking.
- VMware hybrid cloud service unlikely to start turf war with providers
Despite directly competing with many of its cloud provider customers' offerings, VMware's new hybrid cloud service is unlikely to damage partnerships.
- Interest in private clouds grows as market matures
Growing interest in private clouds reflects an improved understanding of cloud computing among IT pros, experts say.
- Case study: CDI launches aviation company DLP program on short runway
Technology services company CDI-Aerospace used a Verdasys DLP solution to manage third-party risk for a major aviation client.
- Citrix SaaS efforts focus on partner channel expansion
Citrix is executing on a long-term strategy to enable partners worldwide to sell, manage and provision SaaS services.
- IT leaders can learn from users' concerns about Tumblr-Yahoo deal
Users of the Tumblr blogging site worry about what will happen to their content after Yahoo's acquisition, and IT execs can learn from the situation.
- MIT panelists: Big data calls for data-driven decision making skills
C-level execs need to develop better decision making skills to capitalize on big data technology, said speakers at the 2013 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium.