Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
- Completing drive toward healthcare interoperability will be challenge
Much progress has been made toward data interoperability in recent years. But how will the industry get over the final hump?
- Providers struggle to turn a profit with current cloud pricing model
New cloud providers are struggling to earn profits with the current cloud pricing model. Value-added services can help providers differentiate.
- Linear Tape File System slow to take hold for general-purpose storage
The use of LTFS has taken off in certain markets, but compatible products for general-purpose storage and archiving have been slow to develop.
- Big IT vendors muscle in on mobile device management
The mobile device management space is no longer led by startups; numerous large, traditional IT vendors have bought their way into MDM.
- Does your C-suite need a chief data officer? Peter Aiken thinks so
Data management consultant and author Peter Aiken explains why your company needs a chief data officer.
- SoftLayer users may end up on OpenStack following IBM's acquisition
SoftLayer customers may have to make a choice down the road as IBM looks to pump its OpenStack R&D into SoftLayer's CloudStack-based infrastructure.
- Cisco Partner Summit 2013: Execs call on partners to transition to 'hybrid IT' model
At Cisco Partner Summit 2013, Chambers, Klein and Peres drill into midmarket opportunities, the cloud and the vision of a new partner business model.