Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
- Windows 8.1 security, management enhancements entice enterprise IT
Microsoft missed the boat on the enterprise message for Windows 8. Can it win over IT with security features and other enhancements in Windows 8.1?
- Compuware beefs up its application performance management software
Compuware has added infrastructure monitoring to its suite of software for managing application performance.
- SDN blog roundup: Why OSGi and Maven matter in SDN; network jobs gone?
In this week's SDN blog roundup, bloggers discuss where hardware comes into play with network virtualization, and OpenDaylight and Maven and OSGi.
- CFO survey finds interest in analytics and cloud on the rise
According to a recent survey, CFOs expect to invest more in cloud, mobile and big data technology in coming years and spend less on IT infrastructure.
- To push past SDN hype, it'll take innovation by the networking 99%
The hype around SDN will be short-lived, then fade, but network admins must be willing to learn how to make SDN work after vendors have moved on.
- In software testing, 'perception is reality' is really a myth
Reality isn't always what we perceive it to be. In this installment of Quality Time, we examine the reality behind some common misperceptions.
- Focus on user needs to achieve consumerization success
IT can manage consumerization by partnering with end users to give them what they need.
- Ponemon data breach study finds costs up, notification major driver
The latest Ponemon study on data breaches found that the cost per lost record in an average breach incident increased modestly, from $130 to $136.
- Cisco pieces together platform strategy for partners
In her Cisco Partner Summit 2013 keynote address, Padmasree Warrior spoke of how the company's open platform strategy could benefit provider partners.