Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- IBM BlueMix a daunting combo of DevOps and IaaS
IBM touts a grand vision for unifying DevOps with automated IaaS, but the concept is still in early beta and the market is nowhere near ready for it.
- Cloud talent search: How Rackspace finds cloud engineers
To overcome a shortage, Rackspace builds cloud computing talent at its Open Cloud Academy boot camp in San Antonio.
- Harsher penalties for HIPAA violations altering compliance efforts
More frequent audits and larger penalties for violating HIPAA are motivating enterprises to tame HIPAA compliance challenges, Gartner analysts say.
- HP turns StoreOnce into virtual storage appliance
Hewlett-Packard delivers virtual software appliance version of its StoreOnce deduplication technology and a scalable midrange tape library.
- In mobile device era, Hewlett-Packard recommits to PCs at HP Discover
IT pros are encouraged by Hewlett Packard's new support services plan for PCs, but would like to see mobile devices from the company.
- Public cloud adoption accelerates in India
Indian businesses will spend 24.54 billion INR on public cloud services this year to lower costs and increase business flexibility
- Pharma company sings praises of its public cloud migration
AMAG Pharmaceuticals eliminated its data center in 2008 for public cloud, and now enjoys the ability to hire and fire cloud vendors at will.
- Mullen: Cybersecurity threats demand leadership from Capitol Hill
Adm. Mike Mullen criticized U.S. politicians for a lack of leadership on vital cybersecurity issues and called the NSA PRISM leak a 'huge breach.'
- Office, 32-bit Windows fixes included in Patch Tuesday update
Microsoft offered five bulletins in June's Patch Tuesday updates, with 19-vulnerability critical Internet Explorer patch and Windows Server 2008 fixes.