Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Startup Pexip introduces software-based video conferencing bridge
Pexip Infinity is a subscription-based, virtualized video conferencing bridge from the founders of Tandberg.
- Networking blogs: PRISM and cloud data security; Dell debuts VRTX
In this blog roundup, read about the effects the PRISM scandal has on cloud data security and get a demo on troubleshooting managed switches.
- Cisco's pxGrid framework creates context-aware security with Cisco ISE
Cisco introduces pxGrid, a new framework for sharing contextual information between security technologies, beginning with Cisco ISE.
- Open source vs. proprietary cloud provider platforms
The choice between an open source or proprietary cloud platform plagues cloud providers, as open source platforms mature and end-user needs evolve.
- Aryaka's unique Network as-a-Service for midmarket enterprises
Seven months after launching its NaaS platform geared to the midmarket enterprise, Aryaka now has more than 100 customers.
- Red Hat Summit 2013: Company pushes 'open innovation' as future of IT
At Red Hat Summit, the company gives a July target date for its OpenStack distribution and OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure; and more news.
- Enterprise BYOD offers mixed bag for enterprise endpoint security
A Gartner analyst says enterprise BYOD -- specifically iOS and Android devices -- presents many pros and cons for enterprise endpoint security.
- Following Dell acquisitions, users find platform integration enticing
Customers want to see the storage products Dell has gained through acquisitions better integrated with common management.
- Imation upgrades Nexsan Assureon object-based storage archive
Imation makes first product upgrade since acquiring Nexsan, delivering Assureon 7 for object-based storage archiving.
- RHEV proves to be a cost-effective alternative to vSphere
Some IT departments have turned to low-cost, flexible virtualization platforms, such as Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, to lower VMware costs.
- API management, servers enable mobile, Web gift services strategy
By exposing a network through application programming interfaces, Blackhawk Network is making the change from physical to digital cards.
- News briefs: Red Hat OpenShift Online goes live; Lenovo pushes cloud
This week, Red Hat's OpenShift Online rolls out for commercial use, Lenovo enters the cloud market and NTT deploys VMware network virtualization.
- The Salesforce acquisition of ExactTarget: What to expect now
Salesforce's acquisition of digital marketing software firm ExactTarget is virtually a done deal. Find out what customers can expect for the future.