Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 14, 2013
- NSA surveillance leads to tighter data privacy policies
Knowledge of the National Security Agency's surveillance has led some companies to revamp their data privacy policies.
- Avnet rolls out an analytics channel package based on HP Vertica
Avnet rolls out an analytics channel package based on HP Vertica that's designed to help partners speed the buildout of their analytics practices.
- WLAN vendor Ruckus offers device-agnostic BYOD management
Enterprises need device and operating-system-agnostic BYOD management. Ruckus offers device-agnostic networking software for enterprise WLANs.
- Telerik updates Windows 8 app development tools
Telerik's updated DevCraft tool for developing Windows 8 apps helps IT to deliver business apps to end users on PCs and tablets.
- Data privacy and the 'economy of queasy trust'
This week, Searchlight focuses on data privacy issues including privacy expectations, Google's ironic stance on 'big data' and more.
- Mainframe modernization takes on urgency
A Red Hat Summit talk on database and mainframe modernization highlights urgency, need for agility in enterprise development teams.
- SDN Blog roundup: OpenDaylight controller details; SDN/IP gateways
In this week's SDN blog roundup, bloggers discuss OpenFlow and SDN basics, SDN/IP gateways and details regarding the new OpenDaylight controller.
- Policymakers defend interoperability standards in meaningful use
Interoperability standards in meaningful use have been criticized as too weak. Policymakers say they are part of an incremental approach.
- Red Hat Open Hybrid Cloud aids private, public cloud management
Hardware, virtualization, public and private cloud are all converging and need to be managed as one environment. Enter Red Hat's Open Hybrid Cloud.
- Red Hat Summit: Open source trends, cloud outlook, innovation and more
Here's a roundup of expert comments on open source trends, cloud computing, innovation and more from the 2013 Red Hat Summit in Boston.
- U.S. defense agencies' cloud transition yields better intelligence
A cloud migration seems daunting but the effort is worthwhile; U.S. defense agencies say their cloud move led to better military intelligence.
- From 4GLs to HTML5 desktop apps: Bringing data to the masses
Advocating wider access to data, speakers at the Information Builders Summit 2013 traced a journey from 4GL tools to HTML5 desktop apps and beyond.
- Office Mobile for iPhone requires Office 365
Microsoft released Office Mobile for iPhone but it requires an Office 365 subscription and isn't made for iPad.