Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
- SAP announces sweeping integrations with geospatial data vendor
In a nod to geospatial data's growing importance, SAP announced a new partnership intended to give users new decision-making tools.
- Exoprise launches partner program for its Office 365 monitoring product
Startup Exoprise, which recently launched its CloudReady product for Office 365 monitoring, has developed a partner program.
- EU-Datenschützer drohen Google mit rechtlichen Schritten
Google drohen europaweit Datenschutz-Verfahren in Millionenhöhe, wenn die Datenschutzbestimmungen nicht anpasst werden.
- Will tablets penetrate Indian businesses?
Could the arrival of tablet devices manufactured in India create a genuine alternative to PCs?
- Juniper's Rami Rahim on the state of the EX9200, EX8200 and QFabric
Juniper EVP Rami Rahim discusses the roadmaps for QFabric, the EX9200 and EX8200, and the rest of Juniper's switching business.
- Microsoft WPC 2013 highlights Windows 8, devices and cloud services
On Day 1 of Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference, the company laid out a product strategy that focuses on big data, social, cloud and mobility.
- Rami Rahim on the Juniper SDN strategy and OpenDaylight
Juniper EVP Rami Rahim talks about Juniper's approach to SDN, the EX9200, Contrail and OpenDaylight.
- Security researcher finds vulnerabilities in emergency alert system
Seattle-based application security company IOActive has uncovered significant vulnerabilities in Digital Alert Systems' DASDEC.
- VMware woos faithful to cloud with vCloud Hybrid Service
After years without its own public cloud service, VMware has introduced vCloud Hybrid Service, which could woo enterprises that trust the VMware name.
- Damballa: Security vendor partnerships of growing importance
Damballa executives say partnerships among security point product vendors are increasingly important, and will ultimately benefit enterprises.
- Misleading private cloud adoption stats hide underlying problems
Private cloud adoption numbers seemed robust, but the data hides that many enterprises aren't implementing true private clouds.
- Ditching commercial offerings for open source private cloud software
Open source software is an appealing alternative to proprietary offerings for building a private cloud, but it's not a bulletproof solution.
- How the evolution of the workplace is changing endpoint management
As employees amass devices -- PCs, personal laptops, smartphones and tablets -- endpoint management becomes increasingly difficult for IT.
- How changing desktop access helps improve endpoint management
You can use VDI to give workers desktop access and make some parts of endpoint management easier, but VDI is costly and won't solve all endpoint woes.
- The future of mobile endpoint management: Devices won't matter
Instead of focusing on physical devices, try a new mobile endpoint management method: Look at ways to deliver data, identity and access to services.
- July 2013 Patch Tuesday: Critical fixes, but in a lazy summer sort of way
July's Patch Tuesday found Microsoft rolling out seven patches, six of which are rated as critical.
- Aveksa acquisition expands RSA's intelligence-driven security strategy
Aveksa acquisition should help RSA compete in burgeoning identity management market.
- Microsoft addresses TrueType, Windows vulnerabilities
On Patch Tuesday, Microsoft addressed a number of critical flaws in font parsing and vulnerabilities in Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Microsoft cloud partner program changes looming
On WPC Day 2, Microsoft announced a number of cloud-related changes to the Microsoft Partner Network and the Microsoft Action Pack Subscription.