Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, July 12, 2013
- FortiGuard Labs: Advanced persistent threats are escalating
Advanced persistent threats are on the rise, according to a report by FortiGuard Labs.
- New software testing interest group in Boston shows promise
The new Greater Boston Software Testing Interest Group serves software quality professionals from around the Boston metro area.
- Microsoft reorganization to impact Windows desktop, device deployments
Experts expect the Microsoft reorganization and its efforts to be a devices, cloud services company to affect Windows desktop and device deployments.
- Google Ventures team member talks mobile disruption at MassTLC
What does mobile disruption mean for SMBs? Learn what Google Ventures' Rich Miner had to say at this year's MassTLC Mobile Summit.
- SDN blogs: OpenFlow for overlay design; building FlowVisor on CentOS6
In this week's SDN blog roundup, bloggers discuss how to build FlowVisor on CentOS6, and how to use OpenFlow for overlay design.
- 2013 Black Hat conference: Feds welcome!
Despite DefCon founder's blog telling Feds to stay home, Black Hat says they're 'welcome' at the show.
- PLUMgrid automates virtual network provisioning without the controller
PLUMgrid offers virtual network provisioning with a network virtualization platform that uses distributed fabric instead of a centralized controller.
- Amazon Web Services cuts dedicated instance pricing for market grab
Amazon Web Services cuts its dedicated instance pricing to better market itself to enterprises and against stiff competition
- Indian banks harness big data analysis amid competition
The increasing penetration of broadband and growth in smartphone usage in India are driving the development of IT-based services for bank consumers.
- HP boosts partner efforts around Windows migration from XP; plus more news
HP is hoping to drive customers off XP and to Windows 7 or Windows 8 with new partner tools, resources and PartnerOne benefits.