Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, July 19, 2013
- Bit9 report blasts Java security vulnerabilities as 'severe'
A study by Bit9 explains just how bad the Java problem really is: The most popular version has 96 severe vulnerabilities.
- Pure Storage supercharges its partner program with new tiers, benefits, more
Pure Storage adds Gold and Silver tiers to its partner program, adds a rewards program with bigger deal registration discounts, MDF and demo lab gear.
- LaCie updates NAS OS 3, boosting RAID 5 speed, hybrid cloud capability
LaCie updates its NAS 0S 3 software, increasing RAID 5 write speeds by 25%, while expanding hybrid cloud capabilities.
- Overheard on Twitter: Are SDN, network virtualization equal?
SearchSDN explored Twitter this week and saw users discussing if SDN and network virtualization are equal, and the impact of SDN on hardware.
- Facebook search app boosts graph database architecture to the fore
Facebook's Graph Search application is putting a new spotlight on a graph database design aimed at capturing and organizing data relationships.
- Open source virtualization software still trails, despite improvements
Open source virtualization software has improved, and admins want more choice, but VMware and Hyper-V still dominate the market.