Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- COO Mark Collier discusses OpenStack roadmap, API fit with AWS
OpenStack Foundation COO and co-founder Mark Collier discusses the OpenStack roadmap, AWS and why API compatibility among clouds is not enough.
- Sourcefire deal boosts Cisco vulnerability research labs, security biz
Cisco's acquisition of Sourcefire boosts its intrusion revenue business and infuses valuable vulnerability research talent.
- Cisco spends cool $2.7 billion in Sourcefire acquisition
In biggest security acquisition since 2011, Cisco has announced it will buy IDS maker Sourcefire for $2.7 billion.
- Tips on becoming a transformational leader from CIO of the UN
How do you become a transformational leader? According to the new CIO of the UN, it has to do with right-brain thinking and embracing paradox.
- Schnellste Enterprise-Festplatte: Seagate Enterprise Turbo SSHD
Seagate bietet mit der Enterprise Turbo SSHD nun auch Hybrid-Festplattentechnik für den Unternehmenseinsatz in Storage-Systemen an.
- Google applications: Deeper integration between Voice, Hangouts
Google drops XMPP and integrates its voice app into Hangouts to unify Google applications for a blended social experience.
- Digital workflow enables passport project to process 10 million applications
The Passport Seva scheme has processed 10 million passport application since Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) started the ball rolling 15 months ago.
- RSA warns about 'KINS' banking Trojan
RSA is warning that a new banking Trojan, 'KINS,' with architectural similarities to previous Trojans, may start hitting PCs soon.