Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
- Social strategies: Enterprise-grade software, or consumer tools?
Many enterprise social strategies still include consumer tools, but businesses are starting to realize the benefits of enterprise social software.
- Q&A: Nick Feamster on how he developed the first college SDN course
Georgia Tech's Nick Feamster speaks with SearchSDN about the challenges associated with developing the first-ever college-level SDN course.
- WLAN design tools prepare enterprises for optimal Wi-Fi experiences
WLAN design tools and site surveys are prerequisites for an optimal wireless experience; Xirrus announces its cloud-based Wi-Fi design application.
- VA issues iPads, app to provide easy access to PHR system
Here's one way to drive patient engagement: Give your patients iPads with 10 mHealth apps, including a gateway to the PHR system.
- Gartner Catalyst Conference 2013: Insights, highlights, tips
This article provides a quick roundup of expert commentary from the 2013 Gartner Catalyst Conference, 'Harness the Power of IT Convergence.'
- Training wheels off VMware Horizon Workspace 1.5
VMware Horizon Workspace 1.5 hit GA with new features for IT shops that need to integrate data, device, application and identity management.
- Desktop virtualization success relies on apps, use case
For a desktop virtualization project to be successful, IT needs to focus on delivering specific apps and remembering their goals.