Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, August 1, 2013
- What to see at Agile 2013: Session speakers give their advice
Two Agile 2013 conference speakers explain what they're looking forward to at Agile 2013 and how they get the most from these events.
- Can Microsoft's Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview entice business users?
Microsoft ships Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview on the heels of Windows 8.1 Preview and Windows RT 8.1 Preview updates.
- HP Networking Lifetime Warranty 2.0: Free 24/7 phone support
HP Networking's lifetime warranty gets a boost with free 24/7 phone support for three years on all campus switches and branch routers.
- Linda Rising presents more practical advice about the Agile mindset
The Agile mindset is Linda Rising's specialty. Find out how she applies cognitive psychology to the world of software testing and project management.
- Top backup trends: Virtualization and cloud driving sales, innovation
Fast-growing backup vendors Veeam Software and CommVault point to virtualization today and the cloud tomorrow as hot backup trends.
- Selling cloud-based communications starts with a hybrid sale
UCaaS providers must adjust their cloud-based communications selling strategies to match their customer's basic business needs.
- Black Hat 2013 opens with testy keynote, smart device hacks
After a contentious opening keynote by NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander, day one of Black Hat 2013 showed smart device hacks, severe SCADA issues.
- Ditch the device-level mindset for enterprise mobility management
MokaFive CTO John Whaley explains why enterprises need to change their mindset and scrap the cloud when they take on mobility management.
- Black Hat 2013 keynote: Alexander details NSA surveillance programs
In his keynote at Black Hat 2013, Gen. Keith Alexander said NSA surveillance programs have strict oversight, despite many inaccurate media reports.
- Third platform IT job skills in demand
Companies that are on board with cloud, big data, social and mobile trends seek IT pros with third platform skills, but those IT job skills are rare.
- Black Hat 2013 attendance nears 7,500, tops 2012
Brief: GM Trey Ford said Black Hat 2013 attendance was up by 8% compared with last year's event. Ninety-eight new tools were introduced.