Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, August 9, 2013
- Neohapsis: IPv4 plus IPv6 enables man-in-the-middle attacks
Neohapsis' Scott Behrens explains how having both IPv4 and IPv6 Internet protocols enabled can lead to man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Agile 2013 keynote: Gems from Agile QA guru Tim Lister
Agile QA expert Tim Lister gave some life lessons as the keynote speaker at Agile 2013.
- Upcoming VMware Horizon View features revealed
The next version of VMware Horizon View will focus on mobility and include network enhancements, context aware security, IPv6 support and more.
- New role for NAC? Endpoint visibility enables contextual security
Network access control is dead. Long live endpoint visibility, access and security. New acronym, slightly different product.
- Jeff Bezos's buy of Washington Post brings digital age to doorsteps
In this week's Searchlight: Jeff Bezos's purchase of The Washington Post turns a page in the digital age; a unique spin on data collection and more.
- Bare-metal servers in the cloud aid performance, compliance
Bare-metal servers and cloud computing may seem like a contradiction in terms, but some organizations find their combination ideal.
- Lavabit, Silent Circle close secure email rather than spill the goods
Lavabit and Silent Circle, both providers of secure communications for the consumer market, close under threat of U.S. government meddling.
- Microsoft hikes Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter edition pricing
Microsoft made changes to its license pricing, upping the cost of Windows Server 2012 R2 by as much as 28%. It also discussed a new licensing option.