Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
- Cisco Meraki dashboard for MSPs and wireless access point move Cisco partners closer to cloud
With the Cisco Meraki dashboard for MSPs and MR34 wireless access point, partners have a new chance to grow their wireless networking, MSP practices.
- Former Xsigo CIO: Oracle virtual appliance will be all about the software
The former CIO of Xsigo, an I/O virtualization company bought by Oracle last year, thinks he knows what its virtualization appliance will look like.
- SDN blog roundup: SDN business benefits; SDN security; SDN, IPv6
This week SDN bloggers took a look at Cisco's future SDN security offerings, SDN and IPv6, as well as overlays and virtual packets.
- AWS, Rackspace cloud pricing battle: The red herring of IaaS
Cloud providers are sniping at each other over differences in IaaS prices, but IT pros say other factors are more important in choosing a cloud.
- EMC upgrades DLm to woo mainframe tape users to disk
EMC pumps up its Disk Library for mainframe virtual tape library (VTL) boxes with faster speed and more capacity.
- Is it time for cyber liability insurance?
Cyber liability insurance can provide a new layer of security in data breach or exploit situations, study finds.
- BlackBerry cries for help to accelerate BES 10 deployments
BlackBerry has indicated it is open to a partnership or sale to give its new platform a chance to succeed.
- Unexpected cloud computing costs cause sticker shock
Think cloud computing is just a matter of spinning up resources? You could be in for sticker shock. Watch out for these cloud computing costs.
- Microsoft August 2013 Patch Tuesday offers three critical updates
The software giant issued three critical patches and 23 total fixes covering Windows, Internet Explorer and Exchange.
- Microsoft patches Exchange, Internet Explorer vulnerabilities
In Microsoft's August Patch Tuesday update, the company patched a range of vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, Exchange and more.