Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, August 15, 2013
- 25 Jahre IBM AS/400
Auch nach 25 Jahren leben das IBM Application System 400 (AS/400) und OS/400 noch weiter. Das heutige System i arbeitet mit Power-Prozessoren.
- PCI DSS 3.0 preview highlights passwords, providers, payment data flow
The proposed PCI DSS 3.0 standard would emphasize in-house vulnerability assessments, add password flexibility and highlight provider compliance.
- Polycom scales up video management software and enhances SMB management
Polycom adds scalability to its video management software and announces RealPresence Video DualManager for SMBs for evolving video network demands.
- Juniper partners chief Chris Jones on VARs: 'Our plan is doing more with fewer'
Juniper partners chief Chris Jones suggests the vendor will treat Juniper-focused partners well, and names domains, verticals for growth.
- HRSA to distribute grants for health information technology adoption
The Health Resources and Services Administration is releasing $3 million in grants to further health IT.
- IBM acquires Trusteer, forms cybersecurity software lab in Israel
IBM acquires Trusteer, a software company known for its expertise in enterprise endpoint defense and advanced malware protection.
- Intel-based tablets due in Q4 may give businesses a new reason to buy
The maturing tablet market cooled off in Q2 but new Intel based tablets due in Q4 could give companies a new reason to buy.
- FlexDisk to deliver personalized desktops with stateless VMware VDI
With Liquidware's FlexDisk, apps can now be connected directly to users at login, creating personalized virtual desktops in nonpersistent View shops.
- Offering a path to hybrid cloud with virtual data center service
Virtual data center services can strengthen an IaaS provider's portfolio by giving customers more control within their hybrid environments.
- #Compliance: Online risk, cybersecurity make waves in gov't, industry
As both government and businesses seek to confront online risk, the worldwide cybersecurity strategy debate continues via social media.