Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
- VMware DRS for networks: A new piece of the SDN puzzle
VMware will preview Network DRS at VMworld, but its core customers are still wrapping their heads around software-defined networking.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: SAP führend bei mobiler Entwicklungsplattform und MDM
Gartner hat SAP in seinen Magic-Quadrant-Berichten zu mobilen Entwicklungsplattformen und dem Mobile Device Management (MDM) als Leader eingestuft.
- Cisco layoffs announced in the face of changing networking market
Cisco's plan to lay off another 4,000 employees, even as its profitability and market share dominance hold, reflects a changing networking market.
- Artisan Infrastructure intros cloud storage platform for service providers
Artisan Infrastructure looks to level the cloud storage services playing field with a platform priced to compete with Google, Amazon, Rackspace, etc.
- CloudNFV group will create network functions virtualization prototypes
Vendors joined together as CloudNFV to prototype and demo a multi-vendor approach to network functions virtualization.
- FalconStor moves to facilitate data mobility for DR
FalconStor enhances data mobility platform with the goal of giving customers better control over disaster recovery automation.
- Actifio takes copy data out-of-band for critical apps
Actifio, which manages copy data for improved data protection, adds out-of-band support for applications, such as Microsoft Exchange and SQL.
- Oracle Multitenant easier to adopt than RAC, database consultant says
Alex Gorbachev, CTO of database consultancy Pythian, says he was expecting the Multitenant feature of Oracle 12c to cost more. Here's why.
- Turnaround artist does data mining for dollars
Steeped in finance and IT, Shyam Desigan, of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, taps big data analytics to return bottom lines to profitability.
- The buzz: 3-D printing a new side to manufacturing
Between firearms, shoes, bikinis and even pizzas, there’s a whole lot of buzz surrounding 3-D printing. Is it worth the hype?
- VMware vows not to make vaporware announcements at VMworld 2013
Don't expect to see end-user computing vaporware at VMworld 2013. VMware will focus on technologies available within a year.
- ERP software migration and HANA: Tackling the questions
HANA's on the rise, and that means questions remain for ERP. With many customers still relying upon older, on-premises ERP systems -- what does HANA mean for them?
- Court rules in favor of healthcare cost transparency; will CMS follow?
CMS is seeking public feedback on whether to release individual physician's Medicare reimbursement data.
- DCIM software implementation, cloud use on the rise in data centers
More data centers rely on cloud and colocation providers, and many now use DCIM software, an Uptime Institute survey found. Here's why.
- VMware vCloud Director 5.5 will lack some long-awaited features
VMware vCloud Director 5.5 features will be disclosed during VMworld 2013 but multi-processor fault tolerance and SRM integration won't be included.
- The big idea behind the Internet of Things
Connecting all the world's devices and analyzing the data they produce is a lot for execs to wrap their heads around. But they'd better -- and soon.