Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, August 23, 2013
- Top five dangers of using spreadsheets in finance
Robert Kugel lists five major issues that can arise when finance departments use Microsoft Excel for processes it wasn't designed to handle.
- HP management team gets a shakeup following Q3 earnings report
Meg Whitman made HP management team changes -- including the removal of Dave Donatelli as head of the Enterprise Group -- following a poor Q3 report.
- HotLink unveils Amazon Web Services BC/DR solution to protect VMware
HotLink DR Express offers a plug-in BC/DR solution that leverages Amazon Web Services to protect VMware vSphere virtual machines.
- Infor ERP roadmap focused on emerging tech, tailored products
What does the current Infor ERP product strategy look like? Find out in this Q&A.
- Networking blogs: The enterprise security model transition
In this week's blog roundup, learn how "death by a thousand cuts" will spark a transition phase within the enterprise security model.
- Continuity Software's risk detection line adds SAN configuration app
Continuity Software's AvailabilityGuard enterprise suite of risk detection products now scans FC switches with the addition of SAN configuration app.
- Latest layering tools a boon to VDI management
VDI management tools that use layering are considered a godsend by IT pros who have tried other methods. Unidesk updated its layering tool this week.
- Oracle-NetSuite deal benefits users, strengthens vendors
According to experts, the Oracle-NetSuite partnership fills an HR gap for NetSuite and gives Oracle a foothold in the midmarket.
- Mobile application development platforms mature, market consolidates
Mobile application development platform vendor Appcelerator acquired API start-up Singly, one of many expected acquisitions in the mobile space.
- IT pros shed no tears over Microsoft CEO Ballmer's retirement plans
On the heels of a reorganization, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer plans to retire within a year. IT pros hope a technology visionary will replace him.