Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, August 26, 2013
- PAC-Studie: Banken-CIOs lagern das SAP Application Management bevorzugt aus
Banken wollen Teile ihres SAP Application Management vermehrt an externe Dienstleister auslagern, so eine Studie von Pierre Audoin Consultants (PAC).
- VMware unveils next-gen NSX, teams up with security players
At VMworld 2013, VMware unveiled its next-gen network virtualization platform, NSX, and an ecosystem partnership with the security industry.
- BYOT: Where does it fit into future IT trends? Readers sound off
Bring your own technology, or BYOT, management remains a high priority for IT departments, but for how long? Readers weigh in on future IT trends.
- CFOs moving past data privacy objections to cloud-based software
At the Proformative CFO Dimensions conference, attendees hijacked a session on cloud-based software with questions -- but not the ones you'd expect.
- Dell, HP unveil top-of-rack switches at VMworld
New top-of-rack switches from Dell and HP Networking integrate with VMware's NSX, enabling bare-metal servers to mesh with virtual networks.
- VMware NSX brings advanced networking to virtualization: Is it enough?
VMware NSX adds advanced routing and services to virtual networks, but there's still a problematic gap between virtual and physical infrastructures.
- Can VMware's vCloud Hybrid Service win the enterprise cloud market?
VMware's vCloud Hybrid Service was met with mixed feelings among its customer base, many still struggling to virtualize mission-critical applications.