Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
- VMware Virtual SAN hits beta, VDI storage vendors ramp up appliances
VMware upped its VDI storage game with Virtual SAN, while storage vendors disclosed new flash and converged storage appliances for virtual desktops.
- Latest HP, Dell Wyse thin clients improve virtual desktop experience
Latest HP, Dell Wyse thin clients can enhance the virtual desktop user experience with new thin client options delivered this month.
- Vendors link hardware switches with VMware NSX network virtualization
Every major network hardware vendor minus Cisco announced integration of their physical switches with the VMware NSX network virtualization platform.
- IBM STG co-selling model requires all deals to go through partners
The IBM STG division is introducing a co-selling model, in which IBM's direct sales force will get paid for a deal only if it goes through a partner.
- VMware takes aim at mission-critical workloads with vSphere 5.5
VMware vSphere 5.5 became available this week with scalability and performance improvements to help virtualize mission-critical applications.
- With VMware NSX, is the server admin the new network pro? Not so fast
VMware NSX brings advanced networking to virtualization, so will network and server pros be running two separate networks at once? That's not ideal.
- Understanding performance tradeoffs in SAP database integration
SAP database integration has always affected application performance, affordability and reliability. An expert lays out the tradeoffs to consider.
- Not a Mirage: VMware Horizon View updates absent from VMworld 2013
VMworld went in a surprising direction for IT pros with respect to EUC announcements by making none during its annual user conference.
- New DaaS options emerge ahead of IT demand
DaaS hasn’t caught on in enterprises yet. Could new options from VMware and other large vendors kick start the cloud hosted virtual desktop movement?