Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, August 29, 2013
- Indian banks to increase IT spend by 13%
Indian banks and investment firms will spend 13% more on IT in 2013 compared to last year with IT services the largest segment, according to research from Gartner.
- Zipcar CMO taps data-driven marketing to personalize the business
Zipcar CMO banks on a data-driven business model to develop new services and personalize the customer experience.
- How do public, private clouds stack up to tape backups?
Private clouds represent another threat to tape backups, but there are cost and data retention concerns that enable tape to remain a viable option.
- VMware splits vCloud Director into vCenter, vCloud Automation Center
VMware will fold IP from its vCloud Director into vCloud Automation Center and vCenter, and it will discontinue vCloud Director for enterprise use.
- Corporate finance leaders should empower end users through technology
At Proformative's CFO Dimensions, corporate finance leaders offered tips on how CFOs can juggle their expanding strategic and operational duties.
- Enterprise cloud adoption grows only if IT pros don't fear job loss
Providers can cultivate enterprise cloud adoption by working with -- and not posing a threat to -- their business customers' internal IT teams.
- Upgrading the network? Don't forget the network security tools
Network security tools -- like firewalls-- must be upgraded when moving to a high-speed enterprise network in order to prevent bottlenecks.
- VMware's vCOPs future holds customization and multi-hypervisor support
VMware has big plans for its vCenter Operations Management Suite, but customers are skeptical it can deliver a competitive product.
- QNAP, ZyXEL announce partnership on 10 GbE NAS
QNAP and ZyXEL announce high-performance 10 GbE NAS appliances for the small- and medium-sized business (SMB) market.
- #Compliance: NSA data gathering continues to inflame controversy
The online debate surrounding the NSA's data-gathering activities persists, as revelations surrounding the PRISM program continue to come to light.
- Hitachi Data Systems acelera la ruta para implementar nubes privadas
Nuevo flash, almacenamiento unificado y soluciones convergentes prometen aumentar el rendimiento y reducir el TCO hasta un 30%.