Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, August 30, 2013
- Startup CloudByte launches partner program; plus more news
Startup vendor CloudByte, whose ElastiStor product enables tight control of storage resources, launched its first channel partner program this week.
- Group to combat medical identity theft with tech, consumer awareness
A public-private group has formed to stop the sale of stolen medical information. Its first task: Involve payers, providers, vendors and consumers.
- Acronis vmProtect 9 targets Microsoft apps
With Acronis vmProtect 9, vendor looks to attract small companies who need easy-to-manage VMware backup and recovery.
- Networking virtualization may be a tough sell for admins
VMware aims to capture the networking virtualization market with NSX, but virtualization admins aren’t sold on the idea.
- SAP HANA: HP bringt In-Memory-Plattform als SaaS-Lösung auf den Markt
HP wird SAP HANA als As-a-Service-Angebot auf den Markt bringen. Dadurch können Unternehmen ihre Big-Data-Analysen künftig in der Cloud durchführen.
- IT pros take a critical look at VMware’s software-defined vision
VMware’s big talk on network virtualization, software defined data centers and cloud doesn’t line up with what many IT pros manage on a daily basis.
- Windows Phone 8 deployment flies high at Delta Air
Delta has completed a Nokia 820 Windows Phone 8 deployment to 19,000 flight attendants -- a much-needed endorsement for Microsoft's mobile phone.
- VMworld 2013: VMware channel partners eager to see company evolve
VMware channel partners discuss news highlights of VMworld 2013, with an eye on where VMware is headed, juxtaposed against customer needs.
- NYT cyberattack neatly sidestepped by big data
Big data analysis of IP addresses performed by OpenDNS kept some 50 million users from falling prey to the hijacking of The New York Times website.