Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, September 13, 2013
- Experts, users weigh in on OpenPower's open source data center systems
IBM and tech innovators such as Google have formed an open source server consortium around Power processors. Can they reinvigorate IBM Power?
- WMS technology changing to fit growing market demands, ARC study says
ARC Advisory Group's latest WMS technology study shows that retail flexibility and system integration are areas of interest to consumers.
- VMware exec reveals vCloud Hybrid Service roadmap, competitive plan
Existing customers are the focus of VMware's vCloud Hybrid Service, its GM said. After that, it's gunning for AWS users. But that could take a while.
- Juniper cloud specialization unveiled; plus, IBM, Tech Data, more news
The new Juniper cloud specialization establishes three new partner types; IBM searches for a new channel chief as Bill Donohue steps down.
- Nonprofit turns to Zetta.net to replace tape backup
When nonprofit Cook Inlet Tribal Council sought to replace their offsite tape backup, the organization turned to Zetta.net's DataProtect SaaS.
- Marine assistance firm deploys PHD Virtual Backup; Rebit6 unveiled
Sea Tow marine assistance organization deploys PHD Virtual Backup and Rebit announces version 6 of its backup software.
- Apple's free iWork suite provides alternative to Office for iOS
Apple's free iWork is considered a Trojan horse, since it gives new iOS device users an office productivity suite ahead of Microsoft Office for iOS.
- Workday enters the big data game at Workday Rising
At Workday Rising, the vendor's annual user conference, executives announced its Big Data Analytics offering and gave a sneak peek at the roadmap.
- AWS consumers clamor for reserved instance flexibility
Amazon Web Services will now allow reserved instances to move among availability zones and network types; users hope it's a sign of more to come.
- Tandberg Data products now compatible with Veeam Backup and Replication v7
Tandberg Data announced earlier this week that its removable disk, NAS and tape storage products work with Veeam Backup and Replication v7 software.
- Dell goes private to attempt balancing act with PCs and IT services
Newly private Dell will be able to take more risks and move its devices and services ambitions forward. What will this mean for Dell PCs?