Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
- SolarWinds SAM 6.0: Datenbank- und Systemverwaltung
SolarWinds Komplettlösung SAM 6.0 (Server & Application Monitor) ist für die agentenlose Überwachung, Alarmierung sowie Berichterstattung optimiert.
- Studie: Öffentliche Verwaltungen wollen verstärkt Business Intelligence (BI) nutzen
Nach Branchenkompass 2013 Public Services verwenden Behörden Excel-Tabellen statt BI-Tools – Über die Hälfte verspricht sich einen Mehrwert von BI.
- TCS and UK government create cyber policy scholarship for Indian professionals
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) of the UK Government have jointly launched a cyber security and public policy education program
- How software-defined infrastructure shapes compute resources
Software-defined infrastructure proponents cheer its smart provisioning and management. But data centers are skeptical about how this will all work.
- 'Factory of the future' will put innovation, customers first, IDC says
The 'factory of the future' will be all about customer satisfaction and special-order fulfillment, according to an IDC study.
- Juniper releases, open sources Contrail network virtualization overlay
Juniper has made Contrail overlay software commercially available, and also open sourced the technology.
- Virident Systems launches formal channel partner program
Fresh from news of its acquisition by Western Digital's HGST, Virident Systems is launching a formal channel partner program.
- 'Exit interview' with outgoing HIT coordinator Farzad Mostashari, M.D.
The outgoing national coordinator for health IT addresses a few touchy subjects and talks about his next act.
- Symantec: 'Hidden Lynx' behind cyberattacks against Bit9 and others
Symantec has linked a China-based hacking group, dubbed 'Hidden Lynx,' with several recent, large-scale cyberattacks, including one against Bit9.
- IT shops find ways around costly Windows licensing rules for VDI, DaaS
Windows licensing for virtual desktops is a tax that increases VDI costs, particularly for BYOD. Calls for Microsoft to #FixVDA haven't been met.