Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
- LANCOM IAP-322: Access Point für WLAN-Anwendungen in rauen Umgebungen
Der Industrial Access Point LANCOM IAP-322 funkt auf zwei WLAN-Frequenzbändern und ist für den Einsatz bei Konzerten, Logistik sowie Lager geeignet.
- HP launches Tipping Point firewall with next-generation app control
With new Tipping Point firewall, HP takes on the crowded next-generation firewall market with an established IPS brand.
- Cloud broker services: How the role of cloud 'middleman' is evolving
Cloud broker services have evolved into three different roles: the cloud aggregator, the cloud broker enabler and the cloud customizer.
- ONC's David Muntz: New meaningful use exceptions advice on way
U.S. principal deputy HIT coordinator David Muntz covers exceptions to meaningful use, the evolution of healthcare provider CIOs and more.
- Enterprises need Microsoft Lync monitoring to ensure UC performance
Lync environments need combined UC, network performance monitoring tools. NetSout's nGenius gains certification for Lync UC environments.
- Riverbed Whitewater adds replication, data-pinning features
Latest Riverbed Whitewater cloud backup appliances ingest data faster and pin it to cache for immediate access.
- Social media strategies: There's no big bang
Creating an effective social media strategy that conforms to compliance mandates requires a phased approach and plenty of collaboration.
- Microsoft offers temporary fix for Internet Explorer zero-day
Microsoft provides an Internet Explorer fix after confirming a vulnerability affecting all versions of the Web browser is being actively exploited.
- Nirvanix cloud collapse seen as a canary in the coal mine for IaaS
Following news of the Nirvanix collapse, IT pros say a multicloud strategy is needed to protect against cloud vendor failures, despite added costs.
- Box Notes adds content creation to cloud collaboration platform
Box users will soon be able to create, edit and collaborate on basic documents without having to open Microsoft Word or other third-party apps.