Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
- SAP Enterprise Demand Sensing: Neues Analyse-Tool für exaktere Bedarfsprognosen
Mit der neuen Analyseanwendung Enterprise Demand Sensing will SAP die Qualität der Nachfrageplanungen und kurzfristigen Bedarfsprognosen verbessern.
- Brocade adds multi-tenancy to VCS Ethernet fabric, new ToR switches
With TRILL extension, Brocade adds native multi-tenancy to its Ethernet fabric. It also rolls out new ToR switches and auto-QoS for storage traffic.
- Not all OpenFlow hardware is created equal: Understanding the options
In this Q&A, Ixia's Mike Haugh explains why OpenFlow hardware support varies so much from vendor to vendor.
- Researcher: Exploit kits revolutionize automated malware production
A researcher at the 2013 (ISC)2 Security Congress said exploit kits have revolutionized malware creation, even lowering the bar for targeted attacks.
- Cloud products roundup: What's new at JavaOne and Oracle OpenWorld
Find the latest cloud products in this roundup of JavaOne and Oracle OpenWorld exhibitions.
- Cloud financials, enterprise social networks more attractive to CFOs
Panel at this week's Oracle OpenWorld sees enterprise social networks as enabler of finance efficiency.
- HoneyBaked Ham Co. bakes better performance with HP 3PAR storage arrays
The HoneyBaked Ham Co. switched to HP 3PAR storage arrays to deal with spikes that played havoc with storage performance during peak periods.
- Oracle partner strategy in North America: Q&A with channel chief LaRocca
Oracle North American Channel Chief Thomas LaRocca explains Oracle's partner plan, which includes finding partners who can sell the full 'red stack.'
- New Red Hat PaaS strategy marries middleware and cloud app development
Red Hat PaaS strategy moves into its next phase as the company announces new 'xPaaS' offerings for cloud application development.
- SDN research: An OpenFlow cloud security plan is hatched
CloudWatch cloud security tool creator Seungwon Shin talks OpenFlow cloud security and network configuration challenges.
- IBM cloud VP talks SoftLayer and OpenStack
Find out what IBM's plans are to integrate OpenStack into SoftLayer, along with the rest of the roadmap plans for the IaaS service it bought in June.
- IBM reveals its plans for software-defined environments
IBM's cloud VP discusses Nirvanix and Cloud Foundry partnerships, as well as IBM's roadmap plans for software-defined environments.
- Java PaaS: Benefits, challenges and advice for development teams
Debu Panda of BMC Software offers development teams advice on whether and when to adopt Java Platform as a Service.