Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, September 27, 2013
- Next-Generation Firewall: HP Tipping Point mit Applikations-Kontrolle und IPS
Die Next-Generation Firewall HP Tipping Point bietet Applikations-Kontrolle und IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) in einem umkämpften Markt.
- SkyDrive Pro offers another corporate cloud storage service option
Cloud-based storage is in high demand, but will Windows 8.1 with SkyDrive meet the need for an enterprise-grade service?
- Five key issues admins face when configuring Cisco routers and switches
Two Cisco-certified experts detail the five biggest challenges admins face when configuring Cisco routers and switches.
- Starz recasts its lead role for DDN parallel file system storage
Starz needed a faster parallel file system and storage array to format movies, so it swapped out an aging HP EVA for DataDirect Networks' GridScaler.
- Open source intelligence can drive proactive defense, panel says
As enterprises try to turn toward more proactive defense measures, open source intelligence could prove to be a valuable tool, an expert panel said.
- Drug research firm mulls tape, picks integrated data backup appliance
U.S. office of drug research firm Evotec considered returning to tape after a series of disk failures, but went with integrated appliance/cloud combo.
- At 2013 PCI annual meeting, hot topics include POS security, EMV chips
PCI Community Meeting attendees this week discussed POS security and EMV; officials say feedback will influence more changes in the final PCI DSS 3.0.
- NetEnrich enhances platform for MSPs; HP's HAVEn goes to the cloud
NetEnrich adds customizable widget, white-label option to its RMM tool; HP's HAVEn Big Data analytics platform is extended to the cloud.