Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, October 4, 2013
- PwC-Studie: Unternehmen schützen sich vor Cyberkriminellen mit veralteten Sicherheitsstrategien
Cyberkriminelle sind Unternehmen einen Schritt voraus, so die neue PwC-Studie zur Cyberkriminialität. Zudem unterschätzen Unternehmen die Gefahr.
- UC & collaboration breathing new life into call center technology
UC and collaboration tools are bolstering call center technology, enabling active customer service strategies. Social media is the next step.
- Cisco Nexus 3100: Next-gen merchant silicon-based ToR switch series
Cisco announced the Nexus 3100 series of top-of-rack, low-latency, merchant silicon data center switches with promise of VXLAN and OpenFlow support.
- Cisco unveils Wave 2-ready 802.11ac access point and Catalyst 3650
Cisco announced a modular 802.11ac access point that is Wave 2-ready and a Catalyst 3650 switch with integrated wireless LAN control.
- Devastating Adobe breach affects 2.9 million customers; source code stolen
CSO Brad Arkin said the massive Adobe breach involved 2.9 million customer records and source code from an undetermined number of Adobe products.
- Aerohive Wi-Fi: New dual 802.11ac/n APs enable phased upgrade
Aerohive announces two 802.11ac-ready access points that support incremental network upgrades from 802.11n, decentralized network intelligence.
- Pivotal adds mobile platform to its PaaS plan with Xtreme acquisition
With enterprise mobility taking a larger role in how enterprises operate, Pivotal has made a mobile platform play with a major acquisition this week.
- Healthcare analytics programs help hospitals avoid readmission penalties
Healthcare analytics are helping hospitals avoid readmission penalties associated with the Affordable Care Act.
- Is Dell getting its mojo back with new tablets and notebook PCs?
Dell pushes PocketCloud and launches new Android and Windows 8.1 tablets and notebooks to capture the BYOD market.
- HR leaders beginning to abolish the annual employee performance review
Experts have long decried the downsides of the annual employee performance review model. Now it seems some HR leaders are taking heed.
- New CompTIA cloud certification announced; Synnex signs deal with Prenton
CompTIA launches its Cloud+ certification, which is aimed at IT professionals delivering cloud infrastructure; plus, news from Synnex and Cisco.