Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
- New collaboration tools a viable alternative to Microsoft Office
CloudOn updates its cloud-based office collaboration software application while Perforce offers a new service to aid in worker productivity.
- Average cost of cybercrime grows again due to sophisticated attacks
Ponemon Institute's annual study shows the associated cost of cybercrime for enterprises has risen again in 2013, thanks to sophisticated attacks.
- What is cybersecurity in today's enterprise and what's the CIO's role?
What does cybersecurity mean in the modern enterprise? In a SearchCIO Twitter discussion on Oct. 30, discuss the CIO's role in cybersecurity planning.
- Facilitators, not firefighters: IT consumerization changes admin role
Security and data privacy concerns will always be an issue in the enterprise -- but not at the expense of convenience, if end users have their way.
- Cloud computing jobs hold rich potential
There are many cloud computing job opportunities, but to reap the biggest rewards, IT pros must hone certain skills, experts say.
- Ballmer gives Office for iPad update, promises multi-platform support
Mobile devices, apps and the cloud have shaken Microsoft to its core. Can the company provide the right tools for the consumerization era?
- Microsoft issues eight security bulletins, patches Internet Explorer
Happy birthday, Patch Tuesday: the tenth anniversary of Microsoft's patching program brought its own gifts, including fixes for Internet Explorer.
- Patch Tuesday October 2013: Fix released for SetMouseCapture zero-day
Among its 26 patches, Microsoft's October 2013 Patch Tuesday release delivers the anticipated fix for a critical Internet Explorer zero-day flaw.
- Facing threat from competitors, Microsoft spells out cloud plans
With stiff competition from cloud competitors like Amazon, Microsoft is offering Azure discounts to customers who enter into enterprise agreements.