Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, October 11, 2013
- Trend Micro: SafeSync for Enterprise schützt Daten bei Übertragung
SafeSync for Enterprise schützt vertrauliche Daten bei der Übertragung und Synchronisation – lokal oder in der Private Cloud eines Unternehmens.
- Networking blogs: Networking forensics embracing new security role
In this week's blog roundup, analysts discuss how network forensics is boosting security and the debut of a new, free, network monitoring app.
- Providers see revenue opportunity with cloud load balancer technology
Providers are interested in cloud load balancers -- and partnering with vendors can lead to recurring revenue opportunities.
- IBM: Neue Produkte für Private- und Hybrid-Clouds
Auf der InterConnect 2013 stellte IBM neue Produkte für Private und Hybrid Clouds vor. Wir haben die wesentlichen Neuerungen zusammengefasst.
- SDN blogs: Creating Cisco onePK apps; what is a programmable network?
This week, SDN bloggers discuss creating apps using Cisco onePK, the basics of the OVSDB protocol, and what constitutes a programmable network.
- Chief digital officer IT jobs emerge to bridge IT and end users
Traditional IT job roles are evolving, and new jobs like the chief digital officer have emerged to help companies move to mobile and cloud computing.
- NEC unveils first OpenFlow 1.3 controller: Scalability at last
NEC released an OpenFlow 1.3 controller and switches that will boost scalability for enterprise networks will and bring carrier-grade availability to SDN.
- IBM Storwize V5000 joins Big Blue's unified family
IBM Storwize is slotted into the middle of three unified storage arrays. IBM also refreshed its XIV high-end array and SmartCloud storage software.
- Silver Peak gives admins clearer view of storage replication
Silver Peak updated its VXOA architecture with storage replication for DR, backup and data migration projects for storage managers.
- Changes to HIPAA enforcement offer more protection for patient info
A recent update to HIPAA regulates the distribution of health information and cautions providers to stay current on business associate agreements.
- Massive open online courses emerge as corporate training option
Reinvention of learning management systems also bringing social UIs and mobility, said Bersin by Deloitte analysts.
- Blocking AirDrop with iOS 7 MDM requires supervised mode
If you want to disable some iOS 7 features like AirDrop, users' devices must be in supervised mode. And that's not a good fit for BYOD.
- NetSocket targets the branch router with network virtualization
NetSocket has pivoted its end-to-end network virtualization product toward replacing the branch router with software.