Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
- Arrow, Artisan debut NetApp cloud data protection service
Arrow ECS and IaaS provider Artisan launch a NetApp cloud backup service for partners that want to transition NetApp customers to the cloud.
- Survey: IT's cloud, BYOD policies don't deter Gen Y use
A Fortinet survey shows that a majority of young users will violate IT security policies governing BYOD and cloud services to boost productivity.
- Logran transmitir datos a 100Gbps sobre redes inalámbricas
Expertos lograron alcanzar esta velocidad en transmisiones de datos de más de 20 metros de distancia, empleando una frecuencia de 237.5 GHz.
- XenDesktop 7 training: Three Citrix certifications announced
For partners looking to boost their desktop virtualization opportunities with upgraded skills, three new Citrix certifications focus on XenDesktop 7.
- IBM selects Juniper QFabric for big data networking
IBM chose Juniper Networks' QFabric as the network fabric for its big data-focused Accelerated Discovery Lab.
- Windows RT 8.1 snafu, new iPads overshadow Microsoft Surface Pro 2 launch
Microsoft and Nokia launched new Windows tablets, but the two companies may cannibalize sales of each other's products as they take on Apple
- Mobile workstations deliver high-end computing power -- for a price
Mobile workstations from Dell, Toshiba and HP pack plenty of computing power and weigh less than their predecessors, but prices may limit adoption.
- Preliminary version of NIST Cybersecurity Framework released
Delayed by the government shutdown, the preliminary NIST Cybersecurity Framework offers general best practices for critical infrastructure security.