Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, October 25, 2013
- Survey: Companies struggle with least-privilege principle, user access
The principle of least privilege is ingrained in IT security culture, but a survey shows many enterprises are not tightly managing user rights.
- No network connection? Mobile workers can stay productive offline
Mobile workers rely on the cloud and expect ubiquitous network connectivity, but there are ways to stay productive offline when Wi-Fi isn't available.
- SDN research: How OpenFlow controllers can work across network domains
New software lets OpenFlow controllers work across network domains, sharing programmability between unique sets of infrastructure over long distances.
- Why continuous testing is gaining ground, but not enough
Dan Bartow, SOASTA's VP of product management, explains why continuous testing isn't practiced enough and what mobile testers should do about it.
- Cloud Technology Partners releases cloud migration tool to public beta
Cloud Technology Partners puts its PaaSLane cloud migration tool for application testing and optimization into public beta; plus, more news.
- Software quality gets customer-focused, stops being 'inside-out'
Today's mobile apps answer directly to the consumer in many cases. Customer-focused design is quickly outpacing 'inside-out' requirements.
- #Compliance: NSA data gathering results in foreign relations fallout
The controversy surrounding U.S.-based online surveillance continues, as more revelations concerning NSA data-gathering activities come to light.