Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
- Aadhar ID Project faces non tech challenges
As the IT demands are being addressed in India’s Aadhar project there are new hurdles to overcome as legal challenges and waning citizen confidence emerge.
- Experts unveil iOS app vulnerability, describe issue as widespread
The widespread iOS app vulnerability, which stems from the way many mobile applications handle caching, allows attackers to control an app's content.
- Quantum cloud backup service means new white label option for MSPs, VARs
A new Quantum cloud backup service, which operates using a virtual dedupe appliance and vmPRO, enables MSPs and VARs to white-label backup services.
- Pertino Networks adds services and security app store to cloud WAN
Cloud WAN provider Pertino Networks adds app store, enabling the deployment of network services and security with just a few clicks.
- Jennifer Rexford: The road to SDN programming language started at AT&T
SDN researcher Jennifer Rexford talks about her work with SDN programming languages and Pyretic, a Python-based language for OpenFlow networks.
- HP Enterprise Group Channel Chief Richardson on exec changes, challenges
Terry Richardson, channel chief for the HP Enterprise Group, weighs in on executive turnover, challenges the company is facing and his goals.
- Dell SDN strategy update: Infrastructure controller in the works
Dell is developing an infrastructure controller that goes beyond SDN to deliver control of storage, servers and networks.
- Health industry tackles problems with help from GIS software
Health policymakers are hopeful that GIS software can point them toward better quality, lower cost care.
- Citrix's XenMobile update has 'no major gaps,' but misses Worx app goal
Citrix has updated its XenMobile management platform with some important features, but hasn't reached its goal of 500 Worx apps.
- Asigra joins Cisco Cloud Connector Program with backup appliance
Asigra's Cloud Backup Connector Appliance, which leverages the Cisco Cloud Connector Program, enables remote sites to connect directly to the cloud.