Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
- P2PE milestone: PCI SSC OKs first point-to-point encryption product
The PCI SSC says hardware-based point-to-point encryption (P2PE) will better secure merchant card data and make PCI DSS compliance easier.
- Docker could improve cloud portability, app development
Cloud portability and automated app development edge closer to practical reality with a new spin on application containers called Docker.
- Overcome executive objections to embrace data-driven decisions
Traditional executives may base a lot of decisions their gut, but successful companies leverage data-driven decisions for their important initiatives.
- Asigra bundles cloud backup software on Cisco router
Add Asigra Cloud Backup to Cisco's ISR G2 router, and you have the Asigra Cloud Backup Connector Appliance for remote offices and SMBs.
- Terascala storage appliance upholds research at University of Florida
When the University of Florida built a new data center, it chose the Terascala HPC storage appliance to store data from more than 150 research groups.
- Tightly integrated UC architecture gives ROI a boost
Enterprises are beginning to notice a more tangible ROI for UC architecture deployments and tools, like cloud and video.
- EMC adds Isilon deduplication, targets enterprise storage
EMC's Isilon offers a primary deduplication option for its scale-out NAS as it chases enterprise customers.
- MetaFabric: The new Juniper data center architecture evolves QFabric
With MetaFabric, Juniper spins a new architecture that ties together networking within and between data centers and evolves QFabric.
- Avoiding cloud lock-in, self-service bloat and private cloud traps
Companies using private clouds are held hostage by their data. Here, one CTO explains self-service issues, avoiding cloud vendor lock-in and more.