Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, November 1, 2013
- How can IT support Indian businesses amid declining Rupee?
The Indian rupee (INR) continues to fall and IT leaders must take a different approach to support their business in tougher times
- Max Life Insurance gives agents up to date data with cloud app
Max Life Insurance is harnessing a cloud based app to give thousands of its agents access to the most up to date information on mobile devices.
- IT budget cuts? Take a lesson from thrifty SMBs
Small IT shops adopt some of the same trends as large enterprises, but with much caution and attention to priorities. And mistakes are felt acutely.
- Social business benefits include increased revenue, expert says
Social business benefits are undeniable, says an AIIM expert. But companies can safeguard against risks by conducting a social business assessment.
- Inktank supports new enterprise release of open source Ceph storage
Inktank releases new subscription-based enterprise version of open source Ceph storage, with graphical management tools and enhanced support services.
- BlackBerry shops abandon ship, weigh enterprise mobile device options
With uncertainty about BlackBerry's future, IT professionals and analysts look for enterprise mobile device alternatives to suit business needs.
- The rise of SDN optical networks: Has automated provisioning arrived?
University researchers worked with IBM and Adva Optical Networks to create SDN optical networks by converting OpenFlow control commands into SNMP.
- The IT fundamentals that HealthCare.gov ignored
HealthCare.gov's shortcomings can be traced back to some IT fundamentals that its developers didn't -- or couldn't -- follow correctly.
- Microsoft's internal Project XP seeks to migrate Windows XP businesses
Microsoft is pushing customers to migrate Windows XP to Windows 7 or 8 while some software vendors undermine its efforts by continuing app support.
- Big data definitions fail to describe challenges of large data sets
Many people know the "three Vs" definition of big data, but it's the third V -- variety -- that creates the most challenges.
- SoftLayer users say choice over IBM SmartCloud Enterprise was easy
The writing was on the wall before IBM shut down its SmartCloud Enterprise service in favor of SoftLayer.
- Pegasus2 desktop storage first to support Thunderbolt 2
Promise Technology launched the Pegasus2 desktop device with Thunderbolt 2 connectivity, and the SANLink2 8 Gbps Fibre Channel Pegasus2-to-SAN bridge.
- SolidFire launches partner program; Ingram Micro buys fulfillment company
Solid-state array manufacturer SolidFire is looking to recruit systems integrators and VARs with experience in storage, virtualization and cloud.