Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, November 7, 2013
- PCI 3.0: New requirements cover pen testing, service providers
Version 3.0 of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard has few surprises, but a host of new requirements and challenges for merchants.
- Cisco 'Mobility First': Collaboration offerings for mobile workforces
Cisco 'Mobility First' vision unveiled, including collaboration software and connectivity services for the mobile workforce.
- New electronic document management software for the record manager
New electronic document management software offerings can give the record manager efficiency and security in integration and maintenance efforts.
- Insieme at last! SDN fabric with Cisco ACI and Nexus 9000 switches
Insieme, Cisco's SDN start-up, reveals its data center strategy with Nexus 9000 switches and a controller for an automated, app-aware network.
- Marketing analytics tools sharpen campaigns, require lots of data
Marketing analytics tools can help marketers optimize campaigns. Step one is gathering large amounts of customer data.
- IBM big data portfolio adds operational pieces
While Jeopardy winner Watson gets most of the glory, IBM's less obvious big data portfolio additions carry its big data efforts further into the enterprise.
- Big Data as a Service: Business customers need more than analytics
In addition to analytics, Big Data as a Service providers must offer high-bandwidth network connectivity and help for customers processing big data sets.
- Midokura adds Layer 2 gateways to network overlay; joins OpenDaylight
Midokura added a Layer 2 software gateway to its network overlay and will add hardware gateways soon. It also joined the OpenDaylight Project.
- Mobile device trends in the enterprise: It's a numbers game
Learn how many apps the average user has and how many tablets you can expect in 2014.
- En riesgo 34% de empresas que no controlan su estrategia de BYOD
Sin controles para las tabletas y smartphones que se conectan a la infraestructura corporativa de TI, es solo cuestión de tiempo para que la información confidencial empiece a filtrarse.
- Colaboración efectiva pero poco frecuente entre TI y Marketing
Una investigación revela que si bien las organizaciones de Marketing y de TI citan importantes beneficios al colaborar entre ellas, aún hay cosas que podrían mejorarse.