Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, November 8, 2013
- New F5 application delivery architecture pushes fabrics over boxes
F5 Networks introduces Synthesis, a new way to think about application delivery controllers that emphasizes a fabric over individual appliances.
- Overheard on Twitter: What folks have to say about the new Cisco ACI
Twitter users discuss the release of SDN fabric Cisco ACI and how it will impact Cisco's relationship with VMware and change the future of networking.
- Don't expect medical apps on Google Glass for another one or two years
The healthcare industry is excited about the potential of Google Glass, but few expect medical apps to be ready for the device soon.
- BYOD trend in full effect despite privacy, legal concerns
The bring-your-own-device trend can put companies in hot water regarding employee privacy, but strong policy and the right tech can mitigate the risk.
- Security as a Service enlists one cloud to monitor others
Would you use one cloud to secure another? Some IT shops use Security as a Service to protect Infrastructure as a Service, with these results.
- Security as a Service flips cloud security debate on its head
Cloud security commonly holds IT pros back from IaaS, but Security as a Service appeals to some, even for on-premises infrastructures.
- Red Hat channel partners gain training, accreditation platform; more news
Red Hat establishes an online enablement platform for partners with accreditation content; CA names Adam Famularo as North American channel chief.
- BYOD employees go beyond the Windows desktop without VDI
Mac and iOS devices are becoming prevalent in the enterprise. IT must deliver Windows desktop apps to them, but VDI may not be the answer.
- Build or buy? Enterprise application strategy at a crossroads
Companies are looking to in-house developers instead of giant software vendors to meet their increasingly focused application needs.
- Microsoft social networking push begins with Yammer in Office 365
Microsoft social networking efforts center on Yammer with new Office 365 integration. Industry watchers question the value to enterprise customers.
- Web application firewalls may not fix Web application security issues
Some consultants are finding Web application firewall products don't deliver due to poor deployment strategies and a lack of skilled maintenance.