Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
- India must prepare for cloud traffic explosion
Indian cloud data center traffic will increase four-fold by 2017 with 17% of services accessed by mobile users, according to Cisco
- Symantec Partner Engage 2013: Symantec formulates new channel strategy
Symantec launched a new partner plan at Symantec Partner Engage 2013, highlighted by greater support from inside sales and new rules of engagement.
- SDN blogs: Open vSwitch, RedHat Fedora; a Big Switch, Microsoft deal?
SDN bloggers discuss how a Microsoft-Big Switch SDN partnership would work and how to install Open vSwitch v2 on RedHat Fedora 19.
- Nick Feamster: OpenFlow SDN for access control is just the beginning
Georgia Tech's Nick Feamster talks creating a basic SDN controller inspired by routing, and using OpenFlow SDN for access-based control.
- Bare-metal networking: Facebook shares progress of Open Compute switch
Facebook revealed that Open Compute will likely accept contributions from Broadcom, Intel, Mellanox and Cumulus into its bare-metal switch project.
- BYOD security worries CIOs, but IT budgets don't reflect concern
New survey data shows BYOD is a top concern for CIOs, yet there's a large discrepancy for that in IT budgets. What can CIOs do to bridge the gap?
- Industry group announces plans to address cloud security challenges
At the Amazon Web Services re: Invent 2013 conference, the Cloud Security Alliance announced a new initiative to address cloud security challenges.
- NSA issues highlight need for renewable data center power planning
With on-site energy generation -- and a heliport -- Niobrara is designed to never lose data center power.
- Re:Invent 2013: AWS products and announcements come flooding in
Discover the latest AWS products being announced at re:Invent so you have all the information you need to master the AWS cloud.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Operational DBMS 'mega-vendors' prepare for war
The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Operational DBMS highlights notable vendors and predicts growth in the market that will lead to fierce competition.
- Hot at RSNA 2013: Clinical decision support, mobile clinical workflow
Exhibitions, IT presentations at RSNA 2013 shine spotlight on clinical decision support, VNA image storage and mobile devices to enable new workflows.
- Red Hat CloudForms promises management, federation for OpenStack clouds
Red Hat unveils Red Hat CloudForms 3.0 and welcomes cloud providers to its OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure Partner Program.
- Can multiple SSID Wi-Fi configurations contribute to performance woes?
Multiple SSID network configurations can be trimmed down with dynamic policy controllers in order to boost wireless LAN performance.
- How businesses choose a managed print service provider
A recent study by IDC examined the factors involved in a customer's choice of a managed print service provider, including 'win factors.'
- NCSU study says Android vulnerabilities are mostly from manufacturers
A new study has found that most vulnerabilities in Android smartphones from Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony and Google were put there by manufacturers.
- IBM's MobileFirst adds Fiberlink for enterprise mobility management
IBM's purchase of EMM platform Fiberlink is expected to give the tech giant the tools it needs for a full mobile management service with MaaS360.
- AWS drops a bomb on VMware, Citrix with Amazon WorkSpaces
Amazon WorkSpaces give IT shops a way to quickly and cheaply deploy virtual desktops from AWS – and it gives Citrix and VMware a run for their money.
- AWS customers get advice from the trenches on cloud security
Amazon's new audit logging API is a step ahead but enterprise customers want more and some shared cloud security tricks and tips at re:Invent