Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, November 15, 2013
- Tablet sales in India more than double
More than 1.1 million tablets were sold in India during the second quarter of 2013 – 107.4% more than the same period last year
- Where is big data management in the Indian CIO's thinking?
Indian businesses plan to implement big data initiatives next year as analytics becomes a strategy for 71.3%, according to research
- Social customer care can move the contact center to the next level
Social media integration with contact center products can help enterprises upgrade their call center strategies by providing social customer care.
- Using open source SDN technology? Join us for an SDN Twitter chat
Are you exploring open source SDN technology? SearchSDN and Juniper Networks partner on Twitter to talk about open source SDN and its benefits.
- Ingram Micro boosts SLED support; ASCII Group partners with Client Heartbeat
Ingram Micro rolls out new and enhanced support for public sector partners; The ASCII Group announces a partnership Client Heartbeat; plus, more news.
- School district uses Actifio to tame copy data, manage data protection
Palm Beach County school district uses Actifio to tame copy data and manage data protection of more than 1 PB of information.
- Western Digital offers new line of external desktop drives
Western Digital redesigns its My Book line of external desktop drives to provide more storage capacity and enhanced data protection.
- Amazon delivers application streaming alternative to App-V from AWS
Amazon AppStream offers a cloud-based approach to application streaming, but there are challenges that may diminish the benefits to enterprises.
- Oracle gets enterprise mobile management with Bitzer buy
Not to be outdone by IBM, Oracle has purchased EMM provider Bitzer Mobile. But is it too late for Oracle to be a major mobile player in enterprises?
- Wintel servers gain favor in cloud era, putting RISC at risk
Wintel servers have become the darling of the data center, pushing RISC systems out of favor. But the server hardware battle isn't winner takes all.
- DB Networks addresses SQL security with IDS-6300
Database security specialist DB Networks introduces SQL security appliance to detect obfuscated malicious traffic.