Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, December 16, 2013
- How the Indian government will hit security skills target
The Indian government has its work cut out hitting its ambitious target of creating half a million cyber-security professionals, with a shortage of specialized courses in institutions across the country
- Indian CISOs need to re-engineer outsourcing for security
CISOs need to re-engineer their organization's current outsourcing process to better ensure the security of data with service providers, according to Forrester
- Year in review: Cisco ACI, faster switches pace networking
Cisco's ACI, faster Wi-Fi and WAN optimization technologies were some of the top technology stories of the year.
- BYOD continues as major mobile device trend for 2014
We surveyed more than 4,000 IT professionals and the message was clear: Mobile is here to stay and it's growing in the enterprise as 2014 approaches.
- GPU virtualization is right for some VDI shops -- but not all
Despite what you might hear, not all VDI environments need GPU virtualization technology. In fact, sometimes protocol offload will do the trick.
- Unitrends buys PHD Virtual to move into virtual backup, cloud DR
Integrated backup appliance vendor Unitrends and virtual machine backup specialist PHD Virtual will combine forces to compete with Veeam Software.
- Brasil y Perú inundan de malware a América Latina
Brasil y Perú: fuentes de la mayor cantidad de código malicioso en América Latina durante el 2013.
- New Dell switches offer end-to-end 1/10/40 GbE campus networking
Two new series of Dell switches and OEM Aruba access points give the vendor an end-to-end campus networking portfolio.
- Anuncia Oracle su primer centro de datos de nube en América Latina
El nuevo centro de datos de la infraestructura de nube global de Oracle se suma a los 17 centros que ya existen actualmente en el mundo.
- Marco Canini: With hybrid SDN deployment, no need for network forklift
Professor Marco Canini is developing an architecture that uses partial SDN deployment to improve largely legacy networks.