Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, December 20, 2013
- SDN market predictions for New Year: NFV, OpenFlow, Open vSwitch boom
Overlays will rule the early part of the New Year in the SDN market, but OpenFlow and other hardware-based SDN will start to gain ground.
- Enterprise mobile device wars to heat up in 2014 with Apple, Samsung
Apple and Samsung will continue their battle for enterprise in 2014. Could Microsoft, or even BlackBerry, seize an opportunity amidst the fight?
- SearchCIO's top stories of 2013: Big data, cloud and more
SearchCIO readers gobbled up our 2013 coverage of big data, cloud and more. Find out what other hot topics made our list of the top stories of 2013.
- SearchCIO-Midmarket's top stories of 2013: Leadership, data and apps
Our gift to you: The site's 10 top stories of 2013. In this roundup of news, tips, guides and columns, learn which topics got readers' attention.
- Tidbits from Oracle quarterly results in Q4 2013
Oracle earnings for Q4 of 2013 included talk of the company's three-headed strategy, engineered systems and, of course, digs at the competition.
- Why Software as a Service benefits trump IaaS
From 'cloud first' to 'SaaS first': Robert Half International plans to ask vendors to offer SaaS rather than basic IaaS in 2014.
- All this cloud pro wants in 2014 is open source cloud standards
HubSpot's CIO has some New Year's resolutions for the cloud market, including OpenStack and AWS.
- Dell Software Group's John Swainson serves up his 2014 master plan
A Q&A with Dell Software Group President John Swainson reveals his top priority for next year: integrate Dell's acquisitions into a single entity.
- Cloud fallout continues from Amazon-WikiLeaks kerfuffle
The cloud computing market is still feeling the after effects of Amazon Web Services pulling the plug on WikiLeaks three years ago.
- Cloud financial systems adoption in 2013: How'd we do?
Last year, experts predicted that 2013 would be the year of SaaS financial management systems. So, was it? Find out in this follow up.
- Avnet rolls out application-specific solutions for HP ConvergedSystems; more news
Avnet announced two application solutions, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and VDI environments, for the HP ConvergedSystem portfolio.
- Top 10 2013: Most popular governance, risk and compliance articles
In our Top 10 of 2013, read SearchCompliance's most-viewed compliance articles from the past year for advice on deploying a cutting-edge GRC strategy.