Information technology (IT) media company TechTarget announced today that it has expanded its portfolio of international media properties to 39 media properties in 25 countries across Asia and Europe, as the company continues to capitalizes on global growth in online advertising and IT marketing.
In a separate announcement today, TechTarget announced a partnership with Reed Business Information-UK to provide ComputerWeekly.com (www.Computerweekly.com), the number-one site for IT professionals and decision makers in the United Kingdom 1 with TechTarget news, editorial features, expert advice, and white papers covering niche sectors of the IT market. The announcement comes as TechTarget marks the two-year anniversary of its international division this month.
In May 2004, TechTarget announced its first international partnership, a deal with China’s largest IT portal, ChinaByte, to launch TechTarget China, its first network of IT Web sites for the international market. Since that date, TechTarget has launched 39 media properties, including multi-site networks and print magazines, across 25 countries. As a result, the company said it expects to see fourfold growth this year (relative to last year) in revenues from its international media partnerships.
“The dynamics that propelled the tremendous growth of TechTarget in North America are today fueling the growth of our International division, making it one of the fastest growing segments of our business,” said TechTarget CEO Greg Strakosch. “As in North America, European and Asian consumers and enterprises alike are turning online to research complex purchases like IT products and services, and advertisers want to be there. International IT media companies have thus sought out TechTarget for our expertise in building targeted, ROI-focused online advertising vehicles for IT marketers. With the speed that has characterized all TechTarget’s efforts, we’ve seized strategic opportunities and established partnerships with the leading media companies in the world’s largest and fastest-growing IT markets. These activities have laid a strong foundation for TechTarget’s continued international expansion through new international partnerships and additional media properties launched with our current partners.”
Five Partnerships in Four Months
In 2006 alone, TechTarget expanded its global footprint to 19 additional countries through partnerships with five market-leading media companies. In addition to the Reed Business Information-UK partnership announced today, TechTarget launched the following:
- A partnership with Vogel Media Group (www.vogel-medien.de), a publisher of technical media with media outlets in more than 20 countries, to launch two magazines, Information Security Germany and Storage Germany, and a network of Web sites for enterprise IT professionals in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- A partnership with Vogel Burda Group (www.vogelburda.com), a leading publisher of special-interest IT and computing magazines, to launch a network of targeted IT Web sites in Russia, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic. Vogel Burda is a joint venture between the Vogel Media Group and Hubert Burda Media, an international media group with more than 250 magazines and web sites across 19 countries.
- A partnership with Singapore’s Netremedia (www.netremedia.com) to launch targeted online media outlets (TechTarget Asia), and three magazines. The TechTarget-Netremedia partnership targets the fast-growing IT markets remerging in Brunei, Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- A partnership with Bulgaria’s no. 1 IT publisher, Saga Technology (www.sagabg.net), to publish Bulgarian versions of TechTarget magazines Information Security and Storage and their sister Web sites.
TechTarget is a leading provider of specialized online content that brings together buyers and sellers of corporate IT products. We sell customized marketing programs that enable IT vendors to reach corporate IT decision makers who are actively researching specific IT purchases. We operate a network of 35 websites, each of which focuses on a specific IT sector, such as storage, security or networking. IT professionals rely on our websites for key decision support information tailored to their specific areas of responsibility. We complement our online offerings with targeted in-person events and three specialized IT magazines that enable advertisers to engage buyers throughout their decision-making process for IT purchases. As IT professionals have become increasingly specialized, they have come to rely on our sector specific websites for purchasing decision-support. Our content enables IT professionals to navigate the complex and rapidly changing IT landscape where purchasing decisions can have significant financial and operational consequences. Since our founding in 1999, we have developed a broad customer base that now comprises more than 1,000 active advertisers who placed business with us in 2006, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Oracle, Research in Motion, SAP and Symantec. More information about TechTarget is available at www.techtarget.com.
For more information on international partnership opportunities for TechTarget media, please contact Susan Odell, vice president of TechTarget international, at 001-781-657-1407.
1. Reed Business Information-UK, publisher’s data